BEER DIARY 81
A few beers that I've enjoyed recently.
- •Surly Darkness (2016), Russian imperial stout firkinMy journey toward enjoying this beer has taken many years. Rich, dark chocolate, a hint of cherries, a little dry in the aftertaste. It's good but, I feel, overhyped. There are plenty of other just-as-good RISes out there.
- •56 Brewing Honey Lavender IPAI taste honey at first, then some very mild floral notes, all with gentle hoppiness.
- •Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, cayenne pepper and cucumber firkin versionThis is tasty! Spicy heat from the cayenne pepper, nicely balanced by cooling cucumber. I like it!
- •Able Seedhouse + Brewery Blk Wlf, American stoutIf I've checked into the right beer then wow! The aroma and full flavor totally belie the dinky ABV! Chocolatey and roasty on both counts.
- •Clown Shoes Whammy Bar, American IPAFairly neutral Hop character leaning gently in the citrus direction, with a nudge of honey-ish may balance.