BEER DIARY 83
I have enjoyed these beers at home or at my home-neighborhood locals. You can tell where is where by the countertops :)
- •Surly Darkness (2015, bottle), Russian imperial stoutChocolate off the bat, raisin underneath, cherry in the middle.
- •Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar, brown aleOoh, nice hit of hazelnut in the front, then a nice kind of malty, fairly dry, brown ale.
- •Summit True Brit IPA, English-style IPABright orange-caramel flavor with a touch of back-end bitterness. Lively carbonation. Tasty.
- •Oliphant Gobias, coffee black aleSmells like a chocolate malt. Tastes like a chocolate coffee malt. Smooth. Flavor is most pronounced in the back of my mouth.
- •Rush River Scenic, pale aleFirkin version! Yep, I think it's mostly apricot in the hops that I'm getting. Very tasty.
- •Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin, IPAHaven't had this in a while. Grapefruity, but not obnoxiously so. There's a sweet, grapefruit cocktail component. Tasty! // It's not as red as the overhead neon makes it appear.
- •Bent Paddle Cold Press Dark AleMy palate is out of whack this week, so this is tasting a bit sweet to me this time. Weird. But, still, generally, coffee and delicious!
- •Summit EPA, extra pale aleAlways delightful! In another world this would be a PA but here in MN it isn't. Moderately hoppy, moderately malty. Excellent all-'rounder.
- •Insight Doe Eyes, saison with Door County cherriesPlenty of cherry, not so much saison. The flavor is okay but the mouthfeel is a little syrupy. I was hoping for a little tartness.