BEER DIARY 86
The Schell's is the only one I haven't previously had at some time.
- •Odell Drumroll, American pale aleLively and refreshing. A little bit citrus, a little bit bitter.
- •Bell's Hopslam (2017), imperial IPADraught. Last year all I got was honey. This year's is back in the hoppy range and quite bitter, comparatively, but honey asserts itself in the aftertaste.
- •Bell's Expedition Stout (2013), Russian imperial stout (draught)It's really boozy on first sip, but then there's very nice, rich, dark chocolate in second impression. Followed by an essence of wordiness.
- •Surly Abrasive, double IPALike many Surlys, there is definitely an abrasive quality about the taste and mouthfeel. Nice citrus and tropical flavor. But careful, it'll kick your ass!
- •Schell's Stag Series #10 Tropical StoutWhew, no coconut flavor though it's called "tropical." Thick, roasty flavor with a hint of smokiness. Over time I have concluded that I am not a fan of coconut flavor in beer.