BEER DIARY - Fresh Hop Edition
'Tis the season! I keep adding 2016 to the list items, but it's fresh hops, so of course it's 2016!
- •Deschutes Chasin' Freshies (2016), American IPAMellowly grapefruity flavor. Fluffy, delicate head and lively carbonation.
- •Indeed Fresh Hop (2016)Grassy, mildly butterscotchy fragrance and flavor. Tingly carbonation. Delightful!
- •Fair State It's Gold, Jerry!, golden aleGentle tangerine flavor, light biscuitiness, and tingly carbonation. Tastes like sunshine! I think my friends helped pick the hops.
- •Castle Danger Mosaic Fresh Hop IPAGrassy, piney & a little bit funky at first. Then the chill comes off & it's grassy but more butter-caramel in the good way comes through.
- •Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (2016), fresh hop IPAIn general, Celebration Ale is my favorite beer. This 2016 version, though, seems a bit sharper and pine-ier than other years. Still delicious!
- •North Loop Foto Fresh IPAMildly grapefruit pithy. Fresh and tasty. Some gentle caramel balance.
- •Lift Bridge Harvestör IPAMm. Mildly grapefruity in a different way than the Foto Fresh, dry and lively. Delicious!
- •Castle Danger Mosaic Fresh Hop IPAI'm pretty this tastes even better in this Castle Danger glass! Mainly grassy flavor, I think, with perhaps some hints of pine or grapefruit rind. Good!
- •Founders Harvest Ale (2016), wet-hopped IPABright and orangey aroma and flavor. Luxurious mouthfeel. Freshalicious!