BEER DIARY - Manchester edition #1, Marble Beers @MarbleBeerhouse @pubcats
And I don't mean New Hampshire! // Okay, I'm turning this into a brewery-specific edition because I'm at their bar and the beers are great. And they have a cat!
- •Hero, part-time pubcatWhat a little peanut!
- •Earl Grey IPAOff to a great start with this nice, hoppy IPA! You can taste the tea influence. Finally, an English-made IPA that is not still malt-forward :)
- •Manchester BitterTwo for two! Smooth and creamy. Gentle bitterness, from the hops, not because that's what the style is called. Just a little bit of cream ale flavor on the back end.
- •Chocolate Marble, stoutBeautiful chocolate notes in this stout with nice roasty undertones. Right in my wheelhouse.
- •Black SunShine, black IPARich and dark, cascadian taste with a little underlying tanginess, slightly bitter finish.
- •Built to Fall, American pale aleLightly grapefruity hoppiness. Somewhat syrupy mouthfeel and aftertaste. Sparkling and tasty.
- •Marble PilsnerPilsnery, in the best way. Somewhat hop foreword, but mostly biscuity and lemony, in a gentle manner.
- •Lagonda, English IPAIn the grapefruit rind direction. Maybe a little tropical fruitiness in the back end.