BEER DIARY - Stone Brewing Ruination edition @StoneBrewingCo @StoneMinnesota
I'm bitter and I like it that way.
- •Honorable mention, my Ruination pint glassMy friend Rob M gave me this glass after he moved from Minnesota to California. We were in Chicago for a show by Sara and Rob L. That was also the first time I met Janeen. I knew right away that she was the one for Rob M. They are now married. This glass was my first branded pint glass. Mazel tov.
- •Ruination 2.0 with orange peel and vanillaCreamsickle on top and delicious Ruination underneath! Went really well with the cream cheese burger I had.
- •Ruination 2.0 aged with American oakI'm not familiar enough with regular Ruination to taste the difference. I'm picking up any vanilla from the oak but maybe some dryness. Grapefruity. // not that I've had a taste of the plain Ruination, I believe the influence of the oak in this one is to mellow the bitterness.
- •Ruination 2.0Had a taste of the plain Ruination to taste the baseline for the oak version above. Big, juicy, grapefruity, bitter, a wisp of caramel.
- •RuinTen Triple IPA (2016)Higher ABV mellows out wverythig, including my ability spell. Still grapefruity, but not bitter. Kind of sweet and kind of hot.