BEER DIARY - Vacation Edition
I am on vacation. Beer I can't get in Minnesota! Altitude drinking—half the beer and twice the water.
- •Russian River Pliny the ElderGentle grapefruit flavor, not too bitter, unobtrusive malt balance underneath. Tasty!
- •Black Tooth Hot Streak IPAFull, balanced flavor. Bright pine/resin hop flavor with balancing but unobtrusive malt character.
- •Hopped Up (Level 26)Untappd badge. 130 different beers with IBU +65. This badge is not hard for me to level up on!
- •Snake River Pako's IPAOopsy, I thought it was the Pakito's session version I ordered. All the grass! At the start of the aftertaste I get a hint of Werther's.
- •Lumpy Ridge Porta, porterOn the fudgy side at first taste. Roasted caramel malt flavor. Fairly lively carbonation.
- •Left Hand Introvert, session IPAGrassy hop flavor on top, caramel malt balance underneath. This is rather tasty!
- •Lumpy Ridge SunLion Wheat, wheat aleMicro micro micro brewery in Estes Park CO, in a tiny former gas station building. This is their wheat beer. It appears to be filtered and is indeed the color of sunshine. Bready and lemony. Good flavor for low ABV.
- •Lumpy Ridge Beautiful Mistake, not wheat aleThis is the same recipe as the Sunshine above, but they forgot to add the wheat, hence the name. It's a little hot, but you can taste the sunshine underneath.
- •Find the Source (Level 8)Untappd badge. Check-ins at 40 different breweries.
- •Rockcut Smoky BrunetteMore smoke in aroma than flavor, but a small, pleasant amount in the flavor. Cinnamon-tinged nutty caramel flavor. Lively carbonation.
- •Rockcut Pale Ale, Amarillo single-hopSmells musty floral. Tastes muted lemon and lightly citrus. Lively carbonation.