Things in My Work Backpack This Evening
So I travel for work. A lot. Like 200-250 days per year. And I was a Girl Scout, so being prepared is a mantra for me. And I know how difficult it can be to find an open drug store at 2 am in a city you've never been to. And that you can be super creative with the contents of the average hotel room.
- •Two laptopsBut only one is mine.
- •One laptop chargerNot the one for my laptop.
- •Mifi with case and charger.Because hotel wifi sucks ass.
- •Mouse. And batteries.Because I hate the touchpad on my laptop.
- •The 2013 master plan for auburn university.Light sleepy time reading.
- •Extension cord.Because a girl never knows.
- •Multiple rental car receipts, boarding passes, and restaurant receipts.Because I'm terrible with paper.
- •Passport.Because neither my varied work ids nor my drivers license actually look like me.
- •Airline drink coupons.A lot of them.
- •Disposable utensils and chopsticks.There's nothing worse than takeout without utensils. Nothing.
- •The key to my work office in North Dakota.Which I haven't been to in 15 months.
- •Baby wipes.Literally a million uses.
- •Assorted coffre condiments, hotel in room coffee packets, and teas.I like what I like.
- •Approximately 2,541 thumb drives.
- •Lip balm. A lot of it.
- •Non-lotiony hand lotion.Because tsa.