A DAY IN THE LIFE: VEHICLE EDITION
stick with me here
- •FINALLY! I had saved all my money and bought a car!My 2009 Hyundai Accent 😍
- •I bought it last Saturday and had to wait until Wednesday to go into the BMV because it was my one day off.This was really hard, but just wait...
- •I could barely sleep the night before.
- •I go into the BMV, title and everything else in hand on Wednesday, so I can finally drive it.
- •I'm all ready to get down to business
- •THE TITLE SAYS THE VEHICLE HAS A LIEN ON ITEVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT IS CLEAN
- •I still have hope.
- •The BMV staff tells me that all I need to do is go into the bank that is on the title and get myself a fancy little auto lien release form so the car can be put in my name.
- •I drive across town to that bank.
- •The bank teller tells (ha) me that the man who previously owned the car has to call in to have the form faxed to the BMV. I don't have any right to get it myself.
- •I drive BACK to the BMV to get their fax number.
- •Then, I call the previous owner so he can call the bank's help line.
- •He says that they told him that the bank CAN'T fax the form because it is a legal document.At no time in my life have I had an issue with a legal document being faxed.
- •So, the bank won't be putting it in the mail until MONDAY.This means, I'll have to wait for it to be DELIVERED and for a day that I can go in when I'm not working.
- •// Rational Thinking Time //Okay, if this was the family car and we'd have to wait to get the title and registration, what would we do in the meantime? The car, that we couldn't legally drive, would be are only form of transportation..
- •So, you know, I cried like a baby that night, feeling sorry for myself.*laaammmeee*