Add a Stop Sign to the Entrance Ramps on the Highway
I think that this is crucial for night driving.
- •When you're speeding down the highway at night, the most stressful part is going past the entrance ramps on the side.
- •The only way I can see if another car is about to get on the highway is if their headlights are caught on the surrounding grass.
- •Most of the time, there is a wall separating or a difference in elevation that you can't see past to look for oncoming vehicles.
- •If there was a stop sign for the entering cars, then they would have the responsibility to check for other cars that are already driving on the highway.
- •I know there are laws for entering cars to yield, but it seems that most people don't follow or know about these rules.
- •If there were stop signs, there would not be any question of what was expected of them.
- •I know it would be an inconvenience because the whole point of entrance ramps are so vehicles can pick up speed before getting on the highway.
- •But, there should be a way that drivers can know that the stop signs must be followed during certain hours of the night.