An Experience with Wednesday Church
I haven't been to a high school Wednesday church in years. I went to one tonight and here's how I feel after.
- •We got in and a few girls came up to us.One of them was one of my coworkers and she has always been rude to me whenever I try and interact with her. But lo and behold, at church, it was like we were BFFs. 😒😷
- •Okay, so they started off with playing some games.They dealt with dodgeball and blindfoldedness. I wasn't born to be a volunteer for something like that so I just stood there awkwardly.
- •Then, everyone went upstairs for worship and a message.I've never been one for singing as a group at church. I'm sorry, but I'm not comfortable in that situation. The message wasn't very much related to us being high schoolers (something I remember that I enjoyed). It was about talking to our peers and spreading our story with Christ.
- •...I've had problems recently with my faith. I believe and I want to be firm in it, but it's hard for me to make connections. In my childhood, I was stronger and have lost that strength. — It is hard for me because of some of the things in the Bible that I disagree with. I don't want to be one who cherry picks, so I don't know how to feel or how to believe.
- •We then broke off into small groups to meet each other and discuss questions.The questions were about why it's difficult for us to speak about our faith with our peers. I feel that it is hard because of my own difficulties in my faith, but I didn't want to bring up anything too controversial, so I didn't speak up.
- •One of the team leaders walked up to me afterwards and got my number.😬😅 Her doing that meant a lot to me, but we'll see what happens when she texts me.
- •As we walked out, the teen pastor shook my hand. He probably did because I may have had a pretty disgruntled face on.
- •Overall, I think I'm interested in coming next week. I want to keep with it and see where it leads. I know that I have the choice to leave whenever I want.