My Favorite Books, Ranked By the Time I've Known Them
Of course this isn't all of them, just the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.
- •Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay AsherSomething about the emotional intensity really gets me going. The complex backstory is something I hold so close to my heart.
- •The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle HodkinA book that keeps you guessing. It reaches past its YA genre into something more accessible to everyone.
- •The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth SteinThis book was my first step into adult fiction. It really set the bar high.
- •The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn ParkhurstThe premise of this book is so haunting. A man loses his wife and looks to their dog to figure out why. I could read this a million times and still cry over it.
- •We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel ShriverDON'T watch the movie; it doesn't do the book justice.
- •Lily and the Octopus by Steven RowleyAn amazing storyline. Prepare yourself; I didn't.