Phases of a Crush
Like phases of the moon but.. you know.
- 1.Meet them.Usually some awkward introduction that is either through someone else or random. However, if you're lucky, it's not (as) awkward.
- 2.Some kind of attraction - physical or emotional.Admire them from afar. If it's not from afar, it's probably more than a crush. Maybe it's a LIKE LIKE. (Yes I was rolling my eyes at myself as a typed that. You have permission to do the same.)
- 3.Check out (stalk) their social media.Well, you have to validate yourself that they're a good/cool person before you become too emotionally invested. But, who am I kidding, you already are. — In this step, you could also be talking to your friends to find out if they know anything about them. This will take some courage because you still don't know them to well and don't want your friends to spread it around.
- 4.Maybe talk to them in real life??This 'talk to each other' thing is really general. This interaction, though typically very stressful, could be in a public setting where it doesn't seem as though you're singling them out. — ALSO, it's important to note that I'm writing this from the perspective of someone in high school. I have no clue how this works in real life.. Maybe some message on social media? Who am I?
- 5.Gradually put yourself into their field of vision.This is important when the crushed (the person you have a crush on..?) is popular and always has a lot of people around them. — This process can also be very stressful when you don't feel like you 'mix well' with their group of friends.
- 6.After some time, depending on the person, you find their tragic flaw.This flaw can devastating to the crush. In most cases, you try to find something that could possibly redeem them.
- 7.In this step, you have found some redeeming quality.You have found something to save the crush (and all the time you have spend obsessing over them). Quickly though, this thin safety net will break and you'll be back to the tragic flaw.
- 8.After this, you can't help yourself or the crush.Every so often, you'll see the person in the same light as you did when you had the crush. If you're lucky, you'll remember the flaw. If not, you could fall into the same cycle as before.
- 9.Soon (if you're lucky) you'll move on. The same process may start over.Unless you're lucky and the crush is reciprocated.
- 10.Usually, some kind of hatred sets in for the person.This could be because you're mad at yourself for wasting time on that person or because you realize that they're just a piece of trash.
- 11.Good luck fellow comrade of life.