Status of my Raise
I work at a large ad agency. I was promoted in October 2016 and told I would be receiving a salary increase in a couple of weeks. Eight months later, I'm still earning the same salary I made in 2014. Let's track how many times I've followed up about my raise.
- •May 2016Discuss promotion on the horizon and need for salary increase.
- •August 2016Told I am definitely close to getting a promotion
- •October 22, 2016Informed of promotion and that salary increase was submitted to HR. Should be a couple of weeks for it to hit.
- •November 1, 2016Promotion is officially in effect.
- •January 8, 2017Inquire about salary increase. Told that our company had to push back the fall raise pool. Should be a couple of more weeks. Keep your fingers crossed, she said.
- •February 6, 2017Followed up via email. Told no news. She said she would light a fire under finance to get me a raise.
- •March 2017Asked a few times, no news.
- •April 28, 2017Told our company was having a meeting about raises. Boss says to keep my fingers crossed.
- •May 15, 2017Still no update. Boss says a few more weeks and to keep my fingers crossed.
- •May 31, 2017Boss has no updates. My fingers might be breaking from being crossed for this long.
- •June 5, 2017Boss says my raise request is going to finance on June 12th.