Agenda for My New Year's Staycation
I impulsively took the rest of the week off and I have nowhere I have to be and no one I have to see. I'm looking at 5 days of free time!
- •First some prep: Laundry to make sure I have all of my favorite comfy clothes clean. I have a new set of Cardinals pajamas from Christmas I'm saving for New Year's Day.
- •More prep: Go to the grocery store so I have food in the house and prevent too many carry out meals.
- •Bucket list movies: Reds, Annie Hall, maybe The GodfatherThis one is off to an auspicious start...They are singing a song in Reds my grandma who passed this year used to sing and I'm crying.
- •Watch Band of Brothers all of the way throughI've watched bits and pieces but never the whole thing. I'm embarrassed.
- •Finish in progress books. I am in the middle of 3 books and I'm going to take this time to finish them.My sister wants to borrow one and is bugging me to finish so I will probably start there. Starting 2016 with a clean slate would be good also.
- •Color in my new coloring booksHonestly this much movie watching means I will need to be doing something else or snacking will be a problem.
- •Cook meals to freeze and catch up on podcasts.Since I have the time I'm thinking of making several things and freezing them. My favorite time for podcast listening is while I cook.
- •Watch the Rose Parade and football all day on New Year's Day.A classic
- •Returning to work Monday ready to hit the ground running during my busy season.After this much time with my own thoughts I will probably be happy to go to work. This is also as close to a resolution as I'm getting.