Today's Adventure in Public Speaking
List previously known as Public Speaking Sucks! Today validates every fear I've ever had in this area (except I was clothed).
- •First...I'm an accountant not a performer like many of you wonderful people.Finding this pic is the best part of my day.
- •I had to speak on behalf of my office at a conference in front of 200 people today
- •I've done the presentation before to smaller groups, but today I totally bombed.
- •I don't even know how or why it went bad, but I could just feel it.I'm not a comedian but I usually can get a chuckle or a nod. It was dead. Nothing.
- •How do performers handle this?
- •Then they gave me a weird half hearted clap. The guy who talked about accounting standards for over an hour got applause. Seriously, that is the most boring stuff in the world even to accountants.
- •Lady asked if I've been public speaking very long. I think they feel sorry for me.I told you it was bad. I would have been happier not having my disastrous thoughts validated though.
- •I stupidly said I would attend the conference the rest of the day. I just want to go home and hide.Obviously I'm listing instead of paying attention now. But I will clap.