I AIN'T SCURRED
In May 2017 my fiancé will graduate from his masters program in Dallas, we'll get married, and then we're picking up and moving to wherever he gets a job, most likely California or Texas. AKA the other side of the country. The unknown of that used to scare the crap out of me, but here's why I'm now over the moon excited!
- •I'm going on the biggest adventure of my life (thus far) with my best friendI know everyone says this, but it really is true. We were best friends for over a year before we were more and we've worked really hard to make sure that fact remains true.
- •We get to learn how to be a married couple on our ownWe've been together since we were 15 so needless to say our relationship has grown under the watchful eyes of our parents. Don't get me wrong I cherish the advice they've given us over the years, but I'm also looking forward to figuring out how to be married by ourselves.
- •Finding food gold minesThe boy and I can eat. I would even go as far as saying its one of our top 3 things to do together. When we travel, the first thing we report back on is the food we found.
- •Building OUR homeWe might have a tiny one bedroom apartment, but it will be ours. I can guarantee there will be fights (many of them) because he likes gray, black, and neutral color schemes and I want a purple or turquoise or bright red (I'm not picky) statement wall and a pillow with a glittery gold skull on it. Such is life. Am I dumb if I'm excited for these arguments?
- •Making up for lost timeI'm going to be real honest. Having your fiancé live 900 miles away for two years sucks, like really sucks. I'm fully aware that in the grand scheme of things, two years isn't that long. That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing him everyday again.