THINGS I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE SOUTH 🍑🌴
I moved from Washington, DC to Charlotte, NC about 10 years ago and then went to school in Clemson, SC (talk about a culture shock). There are things I've come to love about the South, but there are a few things I still don't get.
- •Waving at people you don't knowThis is where my Yankee City Girl status is at its peak so let's get it out of the way now...achem....WHY?! I don't get it! I don't know you! Just go about your business, sir. I know it's "nice" and "polite", but I just think it's creepy.
- •Billy Graham.I've been here 10 years and I still don't understand the hype. I get that he's a preacher or religious figure, but like, why does he have an entire parkway named after him.
- •BuggieNo. It's a CART. I put my grocery items in a CART.
- •Red-Eye-GravyIt's got ham and coffee and I'm confused.
- •Drivers.Listen, DC has some aggressive driving. You have to if you want to get anywhere, but you know what we don't have??? People darting across 4 lanes of traffic to get off on an exit. Never would we ever drive below the speed limit for the hell of it and that happens almost every time I leave my house down here.
- •No Alcohol on SundayIs this a joke? Why is this a rule? What about all the non religious people in the state? Why can't I have a refreshing mimosa at brunch after church?
- •That being said there's a lot I really love about the South. I'll make a list on that later.