THE BEST BOOKS TO READ TO YOUR KIDS THAT YOU'LL LOVE TOO
I've read a LOT of books to kids, and there are some that I will keep going back to forever.
- •Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis SacharThe comedic genius of this man is such that it takes multiple readings to get every joke. I'll never get over this book.
- •Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis SacharThe sequel to Sideways Stories, this book is even funnier than the first one. There were times I had to stop reading because the kids and I were laughing so hysterically.
- •Wayside School Gets a Little StrangerThe third and final book about Wayside School. Still hilarious, still amazing.
- •The Magic Bicycle by John BibbeeEvery kid is skeptical about this book. Then every kid is OBSESSED with this book. It's adventurous, magical, scary, and triumphant. There are sequels, but don't bother with them. This book should be considered a stand alone.
- •The Crippled Lamb by Max LucadoReally beautiful and sweet Christmas picture book. I dare you to try and get through it without crying.
- •The Indian In the Cupboard by Lynne Reid BanksJust make sure you really go all out on Little Bear's and Boone's voices. Lots of laughs, some major intensity, and a really sweet ending.
- •Skeleton Creek by Patrick CarmanMajor scary fun. It's written like a journal, and every few chapters there is a password to go watch a video. The videos are totally frightening and fun to watch, and you absolutely must not skip them!
- •Wonder by RJ PalacioThis is such a wonderful and important story about a boy with a facial deformity who is going to public school for the first time. Beautiful story about family, friendship, and looking past people's appearances. Important for any child in the middle grades to read.