Stages Upon Hearing One of Your Childhood Best Friends Got Engaged
We drifted apart after high school. Getting older is weird.
- •ShockMy brother told me in passing, he saw it on Facebook (I don't have FB)
- •Try to act nonchalantSay "Oh wow". Immediately exit room
- •This is WEIRDThis is so weird????
- •SadWe used to be so close. I knew nearly everything about her and vice versa. Now I know nothing.
- •SadIn grade school we pictured being each other's bridesmaids. I would've bet money back then that I'd be one of the first people she would tell.
- •MelancholyWe didn't have a big fight or falling out. We simply grew apart. This happens to everyone? This is life.
- •THIS IS SO WEIRDWe're only 22? How are we already 22? My parents got married at 22. Fuck.
- •Stop comparing your lives you idiotI was fine until 2 seconds ago.
- •Does she still want a church wedding with red roses?When we were young I always said I wanted a garden wedding, light colors, in the springtime. She wanted a church wedding, dramatic with red roses.
- •I hope she's happyI'm sure she is. I really really hope she is.