Albums I Would've Bought With That '12 For A Penny' Columbia House Special Back In The Day
Albums I love (from 1990-1995) that would have been in the Columbia House box. And one song from each to explain why. And I'm not sure whether I owe them for any previous purchases.
- •Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (1993)Suburban kid. This is my s*** right here. May have developed a high school clique inspired by this album.
- •Mariah Carey - Mariah Carey (1991)Oh, those first 2 albums. Really. Before she stopped singing and got all breathy with stuff. 'Vision of Love' is vocal ridiculousness.
- •U2 - Achtung Baby (1991)Would make this list just off the fact that 'One' is one of the best songs ever in the history of music.
- •Janet Jackson - janet. (1993)HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO FOR 'IF'? I rest my case.
- •Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (1994)'Closer'. Really. And what's the 'industrial' music all about?
- •The Fugees - Blunted On Reality (1994)Summer. 'Nappy Heads' remix on cassingle up to shenanigans with my friends.
- •Outkast - Southernplayalistic...(1994)First thing I heard when I moved to Atlanta. Thought they were horrible. I was wrong. OK, 'Player's Ball', you win.
- •Us3 - Hand On The Torch (1993)Damn, that hip-hop and jazz merge/hybrid time was great when your parents played 'find the samples' with you. Good times. Oh 'Cantaloop'...ahead of your time.
- •PM Dawn - Of The Heart, Of The Soul...(1991)Off the strength of 'Set Adrift On Memory Bliss' ALONE.
- •Beastie Boys - Check Your Head (1992)Wonderful discography, 'So Whatcha Want' STILL GOES, to this day.
- •Dr. Dre - The Chronic (1992)Again, suburban kid, west coast rap. This'll all work out fine. Let's go with 'G Thang' (in a slight upset over 'Deez Nuts'
- •Seal - Seal (1994)'Prayer For The Dying'. Vocal greatness. Also, 'Kiss From A Rose' is one of the best soundtrack songs of all time, but that's another list.