All female Dracula dreamcast
I'm doing a damn Halloween series! Sue me!
- •Dracula : Winona RyderThis would be a fun "full circle" sort of situation since she played Mina in the 1990s one! She's having a bit of a comeback with Stranger Things and I feel like she's just odd enough and emotionally equipped enough to play this role without ruining her career.
- •Mina : Felicity JonesA really understated and under-appreciated actress who can really rock a period piece. The wide-eyed wonder that she'd bring to the role would be grounded with a great underlying emotional ability.
- •Jonathan/Jocelyn Harker: Jessica ChastainOften gets billed at the Type A character I think it would be interesting to see her play someone a little out of their realm and sort of floundering to keep their life together. Would be excellent across from Winona and electric with Felicity as a fiancé.
- •Lucy : Emily BluntMina's best friend and sort of the ~adventurous~ one; Blunt can play ANYTHING. This role requires the ability to play sexy—which can be an awkward thing to play, but I feel Blunt would do so with just the right amount of actual sexuality mixed with humor.
- •Doctor Seward : Nicole KidmanI'm obsessed with this character—drug addict + genuine concern + mild scientist = ??????? Usually played as ultra manly and then given a sob scene halfway through and it barely ever scrapes by as sensible so I feel like Kidman could bring a great new take to the role with her bast experience and excellent control of her emotions.
- •Arthur/Ariel : Naomie HarrisNaomie is a badass and this character requires a bit of that levelheaded exterior combined with the ability to portray vast emotion in a very short amount of time—which Naomie has. Needs to be someone who can create a solid character without much to work with, Naomie is more than capable.
- •Quincey/Carolina Morris : Amy AdamsLucy's American suitor who reveals himself to be truly, genuinely in love with him. Amy is a reliable actress who can play the straight or character role—this one rolls right down the middle so she'd be perfect for it. There's a serious sweetness to her that would be a great cocktail with this character's over-sincerity.
- •Renfield : Eva GreenGirl can play crazy. Would love to see her work with Winona and Nicole. Really this casting seems extremely obvious, almost too easy—I feel a little guilty about it.
- •Doctor Van Helsing : Meryl StreepAny opportunity I have to put Emily Blunt with Meryl again I TAKE IT!!! Also she'd kill this role, because she kills every and any role, because she's Meryl fucking Streep.