My Literary Bucket List
As a proper literary geek these few tasks have felt inevitable (yet daunting) and I'm proud to say I'm slowly making my way through them!
- •Read all of Shakespeare's playsOnly a few (dozen) left. As an actress and bibliophile this feels extremely important but I've barely made a dent
- •Read all of Jane Austen's novelsOnly two left! I love her!!
- •Memorize one Keats, one Byron, one Frost, and one WhitmanIdk why but it feels necessary
- •Explain in detail to anyone who will listen why Mary Shelley's Frankenstein altered the face of science, fiction, and science fiction.I already do this but I must do it MORE ok!!!! I'm so angered when science fiction is thought of as a "masculine" genre because um we basically invented it???
- •Learn to appreciate Marlowe without resenting all of his admirersThis feels impossible and not super important. Like I can't handle people Shakespeare-conspiracy-theorists. Fuck you guys