Reasons Colin Firth is a gift that keeps on giving
I'm in love love love with this ridiculous man
- 1.A social activist!!! Created Brightwire!!The NGO has since been closed but it's goal was to connect film audiences with social awareness films and the organizations that would help engage volunteers to further the films' causes
- 2.That one time he was Prince Charming and Meryl Streep was CinderellaBrought her shoe to her so she could accept her award on both feet 😍
- 3.His friendship with Taron EgertonJfc Colin
- 4.Does solid work that often discusses topics underrepresented in the cinemaLike a speech impediment in The Kings Speech! Depression in A Single Man! Homophobia in quite a few pieces (can you tell I'm avoiding spoilers?)
- 5.That ponytail
- 6.Mr. DarcyI mean come on.
- 7.Very humble about his Darcy fame but not ungrateful. Often stating that it's a "very good curse to have."That top hat 🎩🎩🎩
- 8.Also says the best way to deal with all of that is humor—thus, Bridget JonesHe said he agreed to the sequels because of how much he loved to reunite with the cast and crew, but refused to sign on until he approved of the scripts. Good man 👍🏻
- 9.All of Kingsman in general reallyLet's enjoy congress together Colin.
- 10.Often states that for a while he was just very happy to be employedThus films like Hope Springs exist.
- 11.But is very happy he won an Oscar...so he can now have the freedom to do whatever he wants...In other words, he's glad he won the Oscar because it relieved him of any pressure to do high quality work. Lovely.
- 12.He's proven he's pretty much game for anythingIs "no" even in his vocabulary? Decidedly not.
- 13.Works on films of every budget range and genre (which is important because, you know, spread the wealth)Actors that only work on a big budget are only helping the monopoly that big companies have on the industry. Tiny shoots like A Single Man, big budgets like Valmont, indies like Arthur Newman, mysteries like Where the Truth Lies, etc. etc. are all super important!!
- 14.Mamma MiaThere's too many reasons to love Colin to list them all. Honestly this should have just been a list of this gif