Reasons I Don't Want to Get Married
This list got REAL so quick for me. I mean eventually I definitely want to get married but not anytime soon because...
- •I graduate college next week like marriage is not on my plannerBecause I'm barely an adult. Ok I'm almost 22 but still I'm like not an ACTUAL adult though.
- •I'm like 7% emotionally availableI'm pretty bad at being intimate because I'm REALLY focused on pursuing a higher education and killing it in my career. Things get sexy and I don't even notice my mind is pretty much always elsewhere...whatever
- •I fucking hate datingSeriously I hate getting dressed up to see whether or not I like someone. There's always weird ass pressure like is sex an expectation for the dude on a first date or not—IDGAF. In my experience, dating is either full of pressure or guys pretending there's no pressure. I hate it and you can't get married without dating first so like no.
- •I'm a pretty selfish spenderI spend my cash money on Chipotle, a ridiculous amount of books, and traveling so like...nobody should have to share money with me that would be so unfair for them
- •I'm still figuring out my careerLike I'm kinda of starting to book acting gigs now...I'm like way too focused on figuring out my future to be in a place where I'm ready to promise that future to somebody else
- •I don't want kids for another like ten yearsAnd I know if I got married I'd want a baby like NOW because I'm a crazy person who loves babies. TBH it's better if that's not even an option for me because I can't make rational decisions about babies idk
- •Look how many of these started with "I"I spent a lot of my time focused on me—that's not super conducive for a long term relationship
- •I really enjoy disappointing my grandma at family holidaysKidding....