Best memories from my surgery
- •Not being able to see anyone's face because my contacts weren't inIronically the only person I remembered was Gretchen, my anesthesiologist
- •When they gave me the meds that made me sleepy I had hallucinations on top of hallucinationsNothing crazy or scary, my most vivid one was licking cake off my fingers
- •The last thing I remember think before I went under from the anesthesia was "is this stinging like they said it would or should it be stinging more - oh hey cool a breathing mask wow look at that mask would you look at tha-" out.
- •They told me I'd be in the recovery room for an hour or two, but I was only there for 30 minutesI woke up by trying scratch literally exactly where they had performed surgery and I just remember a nurse saying "no no no no!". I had just done the one thing I was advised not to do by literally everyone I had known.
- •That same nurse later removed the wired pass from my chest that were monitoring my vitals during surgeryI was very curious "Does this confident man have his hands all over teenagers breasts every day?" I wasn't wearing a bra, it was terrific. I would have been more turned off if I didn't feel like I was about to fucking cry from how dry my throat was
- •I ate my FIRST orange glover food item in 4 or 5 yearsI hate orange but I was not about to be a brat and request something else- just be thankful and grateful that someone personally made me that slushy - thank you?!?