THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME
- •MUSIC, very very broadly. this is my number 1 source of inspo, and comes in a lot of forms; lyrics, the way they're felt by the musician or me, instrumentation, etc. etc. this list deserves 1000 more notches where I break my inspiration down song by song, but hopefully you just get it: it's music. it's always music.
- •KIDS! the way they tell stories! the way they move! the way that 5-year-olds run around the park like they're gonna conquer the world, the way 10-year-olds are already learning selflessness and actively practicing it. the stories I tell are for THEM, and it comes from trying to think like 'em, too!
- •The Oh Hellos. Ok, I lied about not talking about music anymore, but what do you expect? NOT talking about "Dear Wormwood"? NOT talking about the kinds of spiritual implications they can make with like a GUITAR ALONE?
- •Forest Home highlight videos. For REAL. so moving! so deeply felt! such a PRIVILEGE TO BE A PART OF! I hope I can make a film someday that feels the way Jacob or Betsy or Colby or Turk's videos felt.
- •museums! so quiet and divine! spacious marble buildings and stoic iron sculptures, paintings warmly lit and casting the faintest shadows with their frames, and green gardens.
- •sitting in my car on a rainy day. I'd rather be just a few degrees closer to all of the weather than I can be in my house. this ties in with...
- •the quiet moments. the first few seconds to take in an open sky; Wes dozing off on the carpet with his guitar still in his hands; beating the sunrise at the bench near my favorite park in Valencia; a quick jog. all the tiny things that actually make up the core of human experience are things that get my heart racing.
- •TO BE CONTINUED.