Current and Future Games I've Got My Eye On
I'm always looking for new games to get into, or even old ones to replay. Here's a few that I'm involved in right now.
- •OverwatchAnd then again, who isn't playing Overwatch right now? This is one I was skeptical of, so I decided against playing it during beta. However, I was talked in to purchasing the origins edition and I'm so glad I did. This is a fast-paced FPS with loads of heroes. Matches are generally pretty quick and the community isn't toxic from what I can tell so far.
- •Riders of IcarusAnything with dragons means I'm automatically interested. This FTP MMO out of Korea is still in the works, and I was fortunate enough to get into the closed beta with some friends. Open beta begins next month with a full release set for end of 2016. I love the idea of being able to find and tame your own mounts with everything from deer to wolves to dragons and pegasi.
- •The Elder Scrolls OnlineThis is a game I'm returning to after a year long hiatus. I originally beta tested this one back in 2014, but decided against purchasing it even though I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan. However, with the release of the new DLC for the Dark Brotherhood, I had to check it out. If you like in depth character customization, tons of lore, and well-done mounts and biomes, then ESO is always a good one to get back into or start for the first time.
- •PokemonGoThis is one I was excited for from the get go, but now hype has dwindled a little. The first round of beta invites went out last month, with limited numbers of around 2000 for iOS and around that number for Android users. Yesterday, the second wave of US invites went out but seemed to exclude iOS all together. Fingers crossed that that will change in the near future. Who doesn't want to be able to catch Pokemon in their daily life?
- •Pokemon Sun and MoonOf course anything Pokemon related is an instant attention grabber for me. Pokemon is doing a double release for its 20th anniversary, with the newest gen being released in November in the form of Sun and Moon. For those of you who don't know, Pokemon has been releasing a series of legendaries all summer both via wifi and cards at GameStop.
- •Fallout 4So this is embarrassing but I still have not finished the main story line for Fallout 4. Anything by Bethesda is always amazing, but with so many multiplayer games, it's been hard to focus on anything single player. Maybe I will turn my attention to it again and start from scratch now that the new DLC has been released.
- •The Witcher III expansions (Hearts of Stone, Blood and Wine)Specifically, Blood and Wine has been brilliantly done. It's enough to be its own game.Suggested by @jbg