Reasons Why I Hate Getting a Bikini Wax
Why are we so worried about hair that is (usually) so hidden?!
- 1.Ok let's get the obvious one out the way; it hurts like HELL.
- 2.Personally, I don't get the appeal of a vagina that looks pre-pubescent.
- 3.It's a fucking expensive chore. An hour out of my life and £20-£60 spent (dependent on how much you want removed and how classy a salon you can be arsed going to). This is all done on the regs, averagely once a month. There's a minimum £240 I'm never getting back. And trust me; it's not an investment.
- 4.The feminist in me resents that a man thinks my private parts should be smooth because of some unrealistic porno he's watched online.
- 5.Why am I expected to be hairless when balls are covered in hair?!
- 6.Horrific moment 1 which occurred whilst waxing: the woman who told me I had hair "just like her" and that I'd be good at child birth cause I withstood the agony of having my wiry pubes being ripped out without screaming. STFU I do not need to know we are pube twins.
- 7.Horrific moment 2: the Eastern European salon owner who spent the whole time speaking to her trainee, who was watching, in a foreign language, to then turn around in clear English and say "one finger or two?". The sheer horror of that split second moment I thought I was about to be gang banged only to remember I'd asked for a strip to be left.
- 8.Both of the above points show I'm clearly traumatised.
- 9.I find my bush comforting.
- 10.I like to pretend I'm in the 70s.
- 11.I dye my (head) hair that often, it's a nice reminder of my natural colour
- 12.I am fed up of woman being made to feel like they should be ashamed of their body hair.