Five reasons we need to #bleachtheoceans
I know it's the most fascinating, awe-inspiring and least understood ecosystem on earth, but this is sadly the only appropriate reaction we have to take.
- •Sea SnakesThere's really nothing more that needs to be said here. Eels too. They're not the same, but might as well be.
- •Irukandji JellyfishIrukandji syndrome is a condition induced by venomization by the sting of a species of Irukandji jellyfish associated with the syndrome is a feeling of "impending doom".
- •Lion's Mane JellyfishSeven and a half feet across. 7.5. Feet.
- •Goblin Shark"... one of the few animals in the world that can actually reach with their mouths.". Look it up, you can't un-see that.
- •It's DepthIf you don't already know you probably don't want to. The infographics alone will make you never want to leave your house. The pressure from the water above you would greater than 8-tonnes per square inch yet things live down there - terrifying things like foot-long shrimp. It's also pretty loud down there, surprisingly you can still hear whales while you're 36,000 ft down.