Why I Road Trip at Night and Stop Nowhere
America has a lot to see. Sadly, really none of it is in the area west of the Appalachians and east of the Rockies
- •TrafficTruckers are professional drivers and get that the left lane is for passing only
- •SceneryI'd rather drive across Oklahoma when I can't see the nothingness that's there
- •PodcastsOk, you can listen to them during the day but why?
- •BBC World Service on @npr stationsI love the world service. Last time I made this drive I listened to Zaha Hadid (RIP) discuss the Middle East and art
- •Southern States aren't cool with green platesI drive a Subaru wagon with VT plates. I don't carry a gun. I limit interactions so I'm not called a "Yankee" by a toothless hag named Maud or her husband Jed. Also, since after the Civil War, when you say "Yankee" the correct term is "Ass-kicker"