My Internal Aspirations After Attending the Mother Earth News Fair
I attend multiple Mother Earth News Fairs across the country for work and at the end of each fair, I have the same aspirations. They are as follows.
- •I want to own chickens. And likely ducks. I want to name them and love them and be a kickass urban farmer.Yeah. They should also play soccer with my kids.
- •Why don't I ferment more? I love pickles. I should ferment pickles. I am failing at life.I will find time to pickle everything.
- •Did I mention I also want goats? What kind of urban farm is it without goats?Enough said
- •And bees. For the honey. And the pollination. I need to save the bees!But I am so scared of them.
- •I will make goat cheese. And goat wool socksStep one. Learn to knit. And make cheese.
- •I could really stand to have a square foot garden. Or a straw bale garden. Or both.Learn to know kill all living things by accident.