MORE RIDICULOUS QUOTES FROM HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
I primarily teach 11th grade American Literature, with a 12th grade Philosophy in Literature course in there sometimes.
- •While holding up a copy of "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn": "Will there be adventures in this book?"
- •"Mr. Flinn, what was the baby's name in The Scarlet Letter? Was it Anna?"
- •Q. Describe the tone of Jonathan Edwards' sermon "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." A. BAM! JESUS!
- •Lessons learned from grading semester exams: Hester Prynne stood alone on the SCALPEL and Huckleberry Finn helped rescue his friend GYM.
- •"Hamlet is a cowherd."
- •"Can't we argue that Meursault is basically a senior, since he cares even less than we do? I mean, dude gives ZERO."
- •"Holden who? Does he go here?"