REASONS MY SENIORS LOVED "GROUNDHOG DAY"
I show it to my senior Philosophy in Literature class after discussing the Myth of Sisyphus and reading The Stranger.
- •Ned RyersonLet's face it: every "Ned the Head" scene is comic gold. The overly long hug and the suckerpunch both brought the house down.
- •"Are you up for adoption?"Who knows? Maybe all kids want Bill Murray as their dad.
- •"Too early for flapjacks?"I think they just liked the idea of trolling cops.
- •The Pennsylvania PolkaStill singing it three weeks later.
- •The radio announcersI got "Don't forget your booties 'cause it's COLD out there, campers" as an answer to a reading quiz question on Hesse's "Siddhartha" this week.
- •Nancy TaylorThe dudes in the class loved the way Phil scams on her. (They think they're suave as hell.)
- •Ned Ryerson (again)Needlenose Neddy: "Am I right? Am I right? Am I right?"