MOVIES TO WATCH BY THAT ONE GUY
That one guy is Paul Thomas Anderson (married to Maya Rudolph). They would be the coolest couple to hang out with, I'm convinced. And his movies should be watched in the following order.
- •Boogie NightsStarring Marky Mark. Other notable cast: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Julianne Moore, John C. Riley, William H. Macy. Plot: the porn industry in the '70s.
- •MagnoliaTBH, I can't really remember what it's about, but I really enjoyed it. Also it is one of Tom Cruise's best performances. Also starring: Julianne Moore, John C. Riley, Phillip Seymour Hoffman. (Can you sense a theme yet?)
- •There Will Be BloodAll I need to say is Daniel Day-Lewis.
- •The MasterJoaquin Phoenix and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. A theatrical tale of the founder of Scientology. Great performances by both.
- •Inherent ViceIt's not necessarily a comedy, but it will make you laugh. Joaquin Phoenix plays a stoner on a mission. Benicio del Toro, Josh Brolin, Reese Witherspoon also star.
- •Punch-Drunk LoveI'm kinda meh about this movie. But it's a movie where Adam Sandler isn't a total asshole so it's not bad.
- •Hard EightHis first film. I haven't seen it, but plan on watching it.