WHAT I WANTED TO BE GROWING UP, CHRONOLOGICALLY
It's taken me a long time to realize I just want to be the the best version of myself that I can be. From mermaid to marketing guru, I have wanted to be so many things, so many people in my life.
- •A mermaidWatching Darryl Hannah in Splash had quite an impact. I used to get salt from the kitchen to pour into the bathtub so I could transform.
- •A doctorI wanted to be a doctor in research so I could help people. When I heard I'd have to be good at math, I gave up this idea. I still think it would have been a cool gig, though.
- •A backup dancer for Michael JacksonI used to daydream that Michael Jackson's tour bus would breakdown in my neighborhood and he'd be walking past my house and see me dancing on the back porch and "discover" my talents.
- •A high-powered business person living in a modern styled apartment in New YorkI saw myself as an ice queen in this scenario. Single, wealthy, childless...this was clearly a vision for my future that happened during a time when I longed for control over my circumstances.
- •A famous actressI was all about doing theatre in high school.
- •A famous singerThis seemed perfectly in line with my dreams of being an actress.
- •Anything famousI recognized I would pretty much do anything to see my name in lights - high school was hell.
- •Angelina JolieFoxfire...Hackers...she was dark and impossibly gorgeous. Of course I wanted to be her!
- •Jane MonheitFor a short time I thought I could become a jazz singer. Yeah, that didn't happen.
- •Scott StrattenSmart, funny, self-deprecating and clever...Scott seemed to do exactly what he wanted to do with his life and he was having fun doing it!
- •MeUltimately, I think I am happiest being me. This year has been full of that realization. I'm excited to see what happens next.