KEYS TO BEING SUCCESSFUL WHILE CHRONICALLY LATE
I started from the bottom now I'm here. (And one day I will be where I need to be 😁.)
- •Acquire a few key pieces that tie any outfit togetherMy current go to's are an ultra-light tan jacket with a hood and a grey/beige drapey sweater (you know the ones that don't have true sleeves, just openings for your arms and make you feel like you are a flying squirrel?)
- •Own at least 3 statement necklaces.Alternate throughout the week so that no one can ever say you threw yourself together. I mean, does a chronically-late person have time to carefully choose a necklace for her outfit?! I THINK NOT.
- •Always carry mascara.Get familiar with applying it on transit, public bathrooms, clean shop windows etc.
- •Develop a laser focus.
- •Get really good at engaging that focus at the last possible second.
- •Walk fast.Walk like you're going somewhere with your big sister who disdains your very existence and has legs 7 years longer than you. If you fall behind, she WILL leave you.
- •Stop taking cabs.Remove your safety net and stop wasting money. Allow the fear of arriving late to fuel you.
- •Time how long it takes you to get ready in the morning, then put your coffee down and jump in the shower 20 minutes earlier than your estimated start time.
- •Listen to faster music.Even if you prefer slow, moody music to ease you into the day. Increase the beat, increase your urgency.
- •Don't stop caring.Most people who are late care less than you do and it shows. The fact that you care is part of what makes you successful. These things have a trickle-down effect into other parts of our lives.
- •When in doubt, kick ass in every other way.We're usually a creative, daydreamy bunch, so let's harness our awesome and out-perform everyone else in every other way.
- •This is called teamwork.You arrive on time and I will bring the awesome.