HOW I'VE SPENT MY NEW YEAR'S EVES
- •2014: we rented a bar in the loop for cheapolots of great dancing and some drama
- •2012: apartment party above gepperth's meat market with fancy boozegreat party. [name redacted] had sex in the bathroom with a northwestern football player which was a) exciting and b) frustrating, because there was only one bathroom
- •2011: at this point everyone in my group of friends was 21 so we all paid a ridiculous amount of money to go to john barleycorn and get hit on by guidosI did meet a very nice midget.
- •2010: started classes the next day so Laura and I sat in a hotel in Waterville, Maine and went to bed at 12:20when you go to school in Waterville, Maine, there's not much nightlife to seek out in situations like this
- •2009: on a plane to thailandas a sentimental person who likes to keep track of what happens every NYE at midnight, this was stressful because the plane kept crossing over time zones as the clock was striking midnight in each area.
- •2008: in abby's parents basementlots of ex-boyfriend drama but I was wearing a leather skirt and sparkly leggings which I still think of fondly
- •2007: in molly's parents basementall fun and games until we had to get someone's puke out of the carpet
- •2006: no recollection whatsoever of nye 2006except for the fact that we went to ihop at 2am, which was 👌
- •2005: surprise! another basement party! (sarah fi's)this was my first year drinking and there was lots of MD 20/20 present
- •2004: wandering around evanstonthis one was tame af
- •2003: my mom and I made Swedish pancakeswith lingonberry sauce
- •1990-2002: no idea
- •1989: my dad thought it was a good idea to put champagne in my bottle and I did NOT enjoy itso it seems that not much has changed