ALL THINGS MUST PASS
"Soundly Constructed, Briskly Paced and In the End Affectingly Wistful" -Variety.
- 1.Tower Records founder Russ Solomon. Tower Sunset (1980)"All Things Must Pass" is a feature documentary film examining the iconic company's explosive trajectory, tragic demise, and legacy forged by its rebellious founder Russ Solomon.
- 2.Tower RecordsEstablished in Sacramento, CA in 1960. From humble beginnings, Tower eventually became the heart and soul of the music world, and a powerful force in the music industry.
- 3.Highlights include.
- 4.The staff were treated like family and often promoted from sales clerks to managers to management.A big plus to working there was no uniforms and the partying.
- 5.The famous yellow and red colors were taken directly from the Shell logo.
- 6.Elton John was a regular.He shopped there weekly and is quoted as spending more money there then any place else.
- 7.Bruce Springsteen recalls how artists knew they made it if Tower sold their albums.
- 8.Dave Grohl was an employee.He gives a quick amusing interview.
- 9.Tower Records on Broadway in NYC.The first East Coast branch revitalized the Broadway and 4th street area. I spent many hours there. It was a great place to meet people.
- 10.The movie was a Kickstarter project created by Colin Hanks.Yes his Dad is Tom Hanks.
- 11.The title refers to the marquee a store employee put up in Sacramento during its final days.Taken (I think) from the George Harrison Album.
- 12.Available to watch oniTunes and Amazon. http://www.towerrecordsmovie.com/