Good Things About Your Forties
Now that I am officially in my forties I noticed quite a few changes in my life that are pretty good.
- •Sex is great.This was a pleasant surprise to me. Up until recently it was just something I did like eat pizza or go shopping. Apparently finally something inside me "woke up". I now finally understand what my body needs and responds too. ☺️
- •I don't care what people think of me.It is extremely freeing and alleviated a lot of stress for me.
- •I understand love.I now understand what love really means, what it really feels like and whether or not I need it. This is something you simply can't know in your twenties and it can be confusing in your thirties.
- •I understand death.Unfortunately this only happens when you experience it first hand. But it does give you perspective on your own death.
- •I have empathy.I believe only now can I truly understand another persons condition and feelings.
- •I have retirement plans.This is something that really should be taught in school. So unless your first few employers offer benefits you are typically on your own to figure these things out.
- •I can appreciate advice.All those parents and teachers who gave you advise all those years-I get it now. I can take away what makes sense anyway.
- •I don't celebrate holidays or birthdays.It's awesome to choose how to spend my time, my day off from work etc...
- •I can say "No" more often and feel good about it.I'm no longer obligated to do things I really don't want to do.