Had surgery to permanently correct or fix my SVT ( supraventricular tachycardia)
- •Highlights include
- •One day procedure. Checked in at 6:45 am out at 5pm. 🏨No overnight stay!
- •No more episodes of my heart racing so fast I faint ( around 200 beats per minute) ❤️I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone and you never know when this will happen to you. You could be on the couch or on the subway. Very scary.
- •So far so good. No more pills! 💊No more digoxin no more atenolol! I have been taking these since I was 9 years old. Such a burden on my life.
- •In the recovery room they gave me cranberry juice, a turkey sandwich and a Sara Lee pound cake slice. 🍞Since I hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours this was extremely delicious. Also since I am forever dieting these tasted even better. Carbs! Sugar!
- •Low points or things that sucked.
- •I had the Catheter Ablation procedure. I needed to be relaxed but AWAKE the entire time.Fuck.
- •I had to lie very still for over 4 hours and despite the anesthesia I was very uncomfortable.😞😟😠😔😕🙁☹️
- •They enter your body through the groin area. I have huge bruises and swelling down there!I have to avoid sex and exercise and anything strenuous for a few weeks. 😥😭😩😫
- •Was it worth it?I hope so. I have put this off too long ( along with many other health issues) because I was always too busy or never wanted to let my guard down and be vulnerable. Because lying there naked with tubes and lots of people poking you for hours is extremely scary and risky to me anyway.
- •This list is really for me. So if you made it this far thank you for reading!