I turned on TCM tonight to find this movie on. I have had this in my drafts for months. My mom took me and my best friend to see this movie in 1982. Really funny movie with a great cast.
- •Dustin HoffmanPlays Michael Dorsey or Dorothy Michaels aka Tootsie. A struggling actor who pretends to be a woman to get a part on a popular television soap opera "Southwest General"
- •Jessica LangeShe plays Julie his costar on the soap opera and potential love interest. I love in the final scene when she asks him if she can borrow one of his dresses. She won a best supporting actress Oscar for her role.
- •Bill MurrayHe plays his eccentric play writing roommate/friend and accomplice in his scheme. He was actually never credited for the movie and improvised most of his lines.
- •Teri GarrPlays Michael's friend Sandy who is also a struggling actor. In one hilarious scene she catches Michael half dressed trying on her clothes. To avoid telling her the truth he makes a move on her instead.
- •Dabney ColemanPlays the classic skirt chasing sexist director of the soap.
- •Sydney PollackPlays Michael/Dorothy's agent George Fields perfectly. They have a great scene together in the famous Russian Tea Room in New York City where George first meets Dorothy. Sydney also directed the movie.
- •Other noteworthy actorsGeena Davis ( her very first role)Charles Durning and Andy Warhol.
- •This is a really silly, funny movie from the 80's. Enjoy!Special shout out to @NumbahTwo my favorite Dustin 💕💝💕