"The best way to find out if you can trust someone is to trust them." - Ernest Hemingway
- •Someone recently said they have trust in me. Someone I don't know very well and vice versa.It really hit me and made me stop and think all day what exactly does that mean to this person and what does it mean to me.
- •Literally it means a belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest and effective.
- •Wow, I don't think I have ever felt that in anyone or anything.I simply think maybe or maybe not. I always have some doubt and I have been okay with that.
- •Is trust always 100% or are there degrees of trust?Probably? And how much can we really trust anyone? Even the people who we believe are the closest to us. They are the ones who if they do break our trust hurt us the most.
- •So I kept wondering why does this person trust me or have trust in me?I don't assume I can trust anyone. I decide if it's worth the risk to trust them a bit but I have never just "blindly" trusted anyone with everything and anything.
- •Thank you for having trust in me, whatever that means to you. I think it has given me a little bit of a sign to know someone thinks this highly of me. Yes it is a small gesture (perhaps even meaningless) but in today's world that is all we have are small gestures.Maybe I will do the same and put my trust in someone without truly knowing them. Because I believe you don't ever truly know someone 100% no matter how much you think you do. But if I go with my gut I am trusting myself and I believe I can't go wrong.