World Elephant Day ! 🐘❤️
10 reasons to love Elephants! 🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘🐘
- 1.Elephants are feminists. Elephant herds are matriarchal, and the matriarch holds the key position in the herd.
- 2.Elephants make great friends. Elephants in the wild are known to form incredibly strong social bonds, and go out of their way to help each other out.
- 3.Elephants are resourceful. Elephants repeatedly prove their genius by adapting to any situation with ease and resourcefulness.
- 4.Elephants are all about teamwork! Elephants understand that they're stronger as a herd, and herds will work together to get out of sticky situations.
- 5.Elephants are fast learners. With one of the largest and one of the most complex brains in the living world, it's no surprise that elephants are incredibly intelligent.
- 6.Elephants are great parents. In the wild elephants are incredibly protective and nurturing of their young, even adopting orphaned calves and looking out for babies that aren't their own.
- 7.Elephants are excellent communicators. Elephants have been known to communicate over extremely long distances, and through a startling array of sounds some of which humans can't hear.
- 8.Elephants are environmentalists. Knowing that their environment is incredibly important,these gentle giants do more than their share to keep it healthy.
- 9.Elephants know how to have fun. Baby elephants are always full of energy and playful spirit but their curiosity and inherent playfulness doesn't run out even when they are adults.
- 10.Elephants don't forget but they do forgive. Elephants are known to have excellent memories but experience shows they don't hold grudges. Rescued elephants are kind and gentle with their new caretakers and even with volunteers and visitors.
- 11.For the full story...
- 12.Why World Elephant Day matters.