GOOD THINGS THAT ARE NEW IN MY LIFE
- •HighlighterBecca highlight in Opal specifically. How have I been missing out for so long? Looking like a glowing goddess is the best.
- •The X FilesI've said it once and I'll say it again, Mulder and Scully were the only people keeping me company for a while.
- •PodcastsNot *technically* new, but the only podcasts I listened to in the past were about Twilight in the eighth grade. Now I listen to a bunch of different podcasts (Serial, This American Life, RadioLab, Love and Radio, etc) when I don't know how else to get out of my head. It's like free education!
- •FitzyMy puppy who's been around for the last seven or so months
- •TeachingThough I'm not doing it right now, I'm always thinking about it. I literally can't wait to meet my students this summer. I already have so many ideas for what we'll do. I dream about them!
- •Internet friendsI have a group chat with friends from Twitter and I like them so much. They make me laugh and smile when I feel really alone.
- •Pen palsSee above. We all send each other letters. I also have a few pen pals who I know in real life. There's nothing better than receiving a handwritten letter and I find writing them very therapeutic. It's also cool how they're a physical thing; you can hang them on your wall to make yourself happy!