ADVICE FROM TAMI TAYLOR FOR EVERY SITUATION
- •On sex: "You know, just because you're having sex this one time doesn't mean that you have to all the time."
- •On partying: "I usually try to stay awake, it's a lot more fun that way."
- •On insecurity: "You belong anywhere you want."
- •On overcoming: "I was the pretty girl in school. I was terrible at math. I got myself through it."
- •On team-building: "Barbecues build morale. That's why you have them."
- •On being realistic: "She can't get into Vassar any more than I can get into my old jeans."
- •On perspective: "Well, you're gonna win or you're gonna lose. Either way, the sun's gonna come up the next morning."
- •On taking it in stride: "You never know what's going on with somebody, sweetie. Can't take it personally."
- •On recognizing haters: "There are always going to be some bad apples."
- •On joining in: "I don't want to go to Book Club. Those ladies are crazy."
- •On forgiveness: "There's no weakness in forgiveness."
- •On parenting: "I think, as a parent, the best thing you can do is just don't try to fix it, just be there for her, just let her know you love her."
- •On patience: "A lot of these football heroes around here, they're not gonna get much further than this. But you're going to go to some great college. You're going to have a career that you love, and I'm telling you right now, women are gonna flock to you.I know it's hard to believe but that's the way it's gonna work. You are a good person and this is just the beginning."
- •On perseverance: "I think you just keep doin' what you're doin', Coach. Take it one day at a time."
- •On the role of parents/adults: "The big deal is that it's part of my job to make sure that you don't grow up stupid. It's bad for the world."
- •On knowing who you're dealing with: "Don't forget that the people who are offering you this job are the same people who fired you for no reason two years ago."
- •On the secret to happiness: "His and hers closets, baby."