HAPPY/NEUTRAL THINGS THAT MAKE ME CRY MORE EASILY THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON
I haven't been anyone but myself, so maybe the average person cries for all of these, but it seems like my emotions are overly heightened in each of these instances...
- •Movies that feature a redemption storylineSo like, all of em
- •Kids doing really nice things for each other, and they don't even know an adult is watchingAs a camp counselor, saw a 9-year old hang back to comfort the new girl who clearly hadn't found a friend yet; ran into the cabin to choke back proud tears
- •Seeing fathers doing their daughter's hairGets me every single time and I have no idea why
- •TelethonsI say I won't watch them but then I do and I cry in sad silence for the [cause] that deserves money
- •Standing ovations at "proud" moments of award shows.I still tear up watching the clip of the 2011 Emmys Lead Actress in a Comedy Nominees doing their beauty pageant bit and getting a standing ovation. Also recognition of talented women independently makes me cry.
- •WickedPretty much constant tears from "I'm Not That Girl" through "For Good"
- •Award shows with performances that highlight social problems and injusticeSee: clutching a pillow blinking fast so others think I am maybe just getting teary-eyed but would be full-blown crying if alone
- •ToastsOf any kind, but especially ones that seem comedic in a playful-ribbing way that wrap up sweetly. Is there a name for that toast-genre?
- •The moment at the wedding when the groom sees the brideAnd then every moment after that
- •Watching the winning team pose for the championship photoException: will not shed a single happy tear for Ohio State throughout the duration of my lifetime.