I COULD NOT EMOTIONALLY HANDLE: PROFESSIONAL SPORTS EDITION
Inspired by the deep, sinking feeling I get when the guy who caused the penalty skates out of the box, head down, too guilty to make eye contact with his teammates.
- •Being a goalie in any sportI actually know for a fact I can't handle this at any level of play; I was the goalie of my 4th grade soccer team and held back tears EVERY time anyone scored on me. I held back tears often. Except when I let the game-ending goal in during the playoffs: then I instantly cried and didn't stop for an hour.
- •Missing the free-throw that loses the game
- •Striking out with two outs, bottom of the ninth, tying run on base
- •Watching the other team score a power play goal from the penalty box.
- •Dropping the game-winning touchdown pass in the endzone
- •Missing the game-tying extra point
- •Missing any extra point ever
- •Missing any field goal shorter than 40 yard
- •Blowing the lead during my portion of a relay race during the Olympics
- •Missing a penalty shot in a World Cup gameSuggested by @ncalifano