KARAOKE DUETS THAT MY FUTURE HUSBAND MUST BE PSYCHED ABOUT
A lifetime spent with me will include years and years of karaoke. I'm not tryna be with someone who isn't into:
- •Paradise by the Dashboard Light, MeatloafNon-negotiable.
- •As Long You're Mine, from WickedBonus Points if he insists on getting the "I feel wicked" line at the end.
- •Kiss From a Rose, SealThis is not technically (or even sort of) a duet, but there's all KINDS of cool musical stuff happening and I need a designated person to take the other part when it breaks into: IIIIIIIIII'VE BEEEN kissed by a rose, IIIIII-- if I should faaaaallllll----BEEN KISSED by a rooose...
- •Endless Love, Lionel Richie & Diana RossPower ballad to end all power ballads.
- •Islands in the Stream, Dolly Parton & Kenny RodgersHe doesn't have to love this but he does have to do this because it is just important and sweetheart I shouldn't need to give you a reason just GET YOUR ASS ON THAT STAGE so I can sing Dolly!
- •Proud Mary, Tina & Ile TurnerPerfect duet: beginning starts slow to focus on nailing the vocals, shifts to dancing with reckless abandon.
- •Love Will Keep Us Together, Captain & Tenille****We would only have to do this set to a slideshow of our lives because I'm pretty sure that's the only thing anyone uses this song for anymore.
- •(I've Had) The Time of My Life, Jennifer Warnes & Bill Medley****Only with accompanying dance from Dirty Dancing, otherwise let's be cool, this song is mildly boring for karaoke and the audience would expect us to at least attempt The Lift.