TOP 10 FAVORITE MEMORIES OF RALBINDER
"Ralbinder" is my most favorite person on this planet, my greatest buddy and partner in everything. Happy birthday, my sweet @rachelleigh, I love you a whole lot.
- •Peeing off the side of the road in Lake George...Rachel was drunk and I was unfortunately not so, and we were walking down the highway with our friend Johnny. He decided to pee into some bushes on the side of the road, until he leaned, fell, and we found out those were not bushes but rather the tops of small trees. Johnny was thankfully not (very) hurt, but I will never forget her reaction. I ran to check on Johnny, she ran into the highway crying with laughter.
- •Paddling back to shore on Friday the 13th, when we were 13...This was the second Friday the 13th I spent with her and at this point, I was happy to pretend the day had REAL and HORRIFYING consequences. We went out on a lake in a sailboat, everything was totally fine, and the wind straight up DIED. We had to be "saved" by a speedboat.
- •She passed out from dehydration after a long bike ride when we were 14...This doesn't really sound like a nice memory, but I remember being as worried about another person as I could possibly have been. She was seriously sick for about an hour, tops, but my friend Anna and I sat outside the (shared, three-person) bedroom for 3 hours, talking about favorite Rachel memories, laughing until we knew she was sleeping well enough to go in.
- •Getting drunk at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert when we were juniors in high school...We got in some REAL trouble. Rachel brought the booze, my twin sister and I brought the chasers. My sister got VERY drunk, and I had to go get her from security. I was so nervous we were going to be busted, until the officer handed me "my phone number" so I could call my parents. I realized when dialing it that Rachel somehow convinced the officer that she should give them my parents' number, then gave them her own. I called, she answered, they spoke to her, and they (for some reason) let us go.
- •Once, we got in a fight, when we were 12...I literally never fight with Rachel and she might be the only friend I can really say that about. Regardless, we got into a pissy, stupid fight at the end of a summer when we were 12. Someone asked what we were fighting about and Rachel said, "It's actually not anything. We just need to be mad for like a day, we'll be okay." And I just remember knowing then that we'd really never fight about anything important if she didn't even care about a stupid preteen fight.
- •Seeing Dave Matthews on July 4th this year...Rachel, @ncalifano, and I drove upstate to Saratoga/Lake George this year for July 4th weekend and it was one of the best weekends of my life. The three of us together have never had a bad time, and the whole weekend was just full of the three of us laughing about really, truly, seriously stupid shit. I love seeing Rachel laugh with Nikki about anything because I know that Rachel had fun in college with her, and I'm proud she made a lifelong friend there that I also love.
- •Driving to Burlington on one especially needed day-off...Between indecision, drunk friends, and general stupidity, two hours into our 36 hour day off, we still were not settled at a Burlington hotel. By the time we were about to check in, Rachel had had enough and was hysterically DONE with it. She just kept repeating over and over again, "If anyone tries to talk to me tonight, I'm just gonna look them in the eyes and say, 'Hey, FUCK YOU.'"
- •Rachel is adored by many men. She will really hate me saying this, so I decided to combine these funny moments (of random boys declaring, to me, their affection for her) into one: one year, while working at camp, the camp videographer LOVED Rachel......and the camp's Staff Orientation video was not only filled with shots of Rachel, it actually opened with a SLO-MO shot of her looking COOL AS FUCK, wearing Ray Bans, flipping her hair back.
- •When I was hysterically crying about some dipshit guy that fucked me over, a year ago...Rachel was SO OVER THIS because I have had a personal disability regarding this boy for the better part of 6 years. She was patient, compassionate, and loving, but reminded me often enough (through my hysterical tears) that it was high time to get over this person because he was so awful.
- •Any time anyone asks me if she's my cousin...We used to tell people we were cousins, and every now and then, we still see people who think we are. I love it every time because I truly feel like she's blood.